Hillhurst School Council Executive – 2018/19:
President: Pat H.
Vice-president: Ellen P.
Treasurer: Leslie S.
Secretaries: Lindsey V.
Key Communicator: Pat H.
GATE Reps: Christine R.; vacant
Executive Directors: Dione C., Erin G., Shannon M.
Read more about these positions here >
The mission of our School Council is to foster the well-being and effectiveness of all our School Community and thereby enhance student learning. Our School Council works to facilitate communication among all of the concerned participants of our School Community so that we may function together, as partners, to create an effective learning environment that enables our students to achieve their potential. All of the members of our School Community and our School Council will be guided by established bylaws and policies when making decisions, or providing advice, with respect to our school.
- Promote fellowship and collaboration in the School Community so that all participants/members work together for the well-being and effectiveness of the school as a community
- Develop interest in, and understanding of, school activities and to promote involvement in the school among parents and families
- Provide a forum for questions and concerns, and to inform families about the school
- Provide volunteer help to assist in the organization and implementation of programs
- Coordinate the school’s fund-raising activities and operate such fund-raising activities as independent organizations or subcommittees of our school council
- Give the school important extras that might otherwise be unavailable, given the school’s budgetary constraints, and thereby enhance student learning