Our annual Cheque Writing Campaign is on! We are asking parents / guardians / supporters to make a single financial donation now in lieu of multiple fundraising efforts.
Donations will support student enrichment program initiatives for 2017-18, including:
- Math Residency: with Geri Loriway. Geri will work with Hillhurst staff and students on planning tasks that are enriching and engaging, modelling strategies and providing feed-back. Focus will be on: ensuring mathematics learning programs are active and rigorous; enhancing positive mathematics cultures in our school; building clarity and coherence in mathematics instruction and assessment practices; providing professional learning to enhance teacher confidence and skill. We will also purchase Math related curriculum resources and hands-on manipulatives for students.
- Mathletics: an on-line Math Learning Space. Every student will have learning space within Mathletics and this tool can be used at both home and school.
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Math) – STEAM is an educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Math access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking.
- Field Study Opportunities: Trips to include visits to Ralph Klein Park, Fort Calgary, Calgary Zoo, City School.
- Physical Education Residencies: Activities to include Alien-In Line Skating, African Drumming, and Netball.
- Grandparent Reading – Program that partners seniors with children to read and/or play educational games.
- Sports Day – Annual day to celebrate sport and fitness.
Please complete the Hillhurst School Donation Form (PDF )and return in your child’s agenda using the supplied envelope.
Payments may be made by cheque, cash, electronically via PayPal or through the United Way. United Way donations can be directed to the school by specifying society name Hillhurst (Elementary) Community School Society, address 1418 7 Avenue NW Calgary AB T2N 0Z2 and providing registered charity business number 82850 5503 RR0001.